Greetings and Salutations! I’d like to introduce myself and offer my services to you, Gentle Reader.
Author E.L. Doctorow says, “Writing is like driving a car at night: you never see further than your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way.” I suggest his sentiment applies to life in general. We cannot see far, if at all, into our future, yet we live our whole lives that way. For example, I visualized and prayed for a mentor in this industry (honestly picturing an older white man) but manifested the young, beautiful, immensely talented Brooke Nichol. She is, without doubt, the absolute best injector in central Texas and it is a dream realized to learn from her. The experiences I’ve had, that I am privileged to have, lead me to this moment as I write this letter of introduction to you. So, here’s a little about the path I took to get here…
- I have been a Registered Nurse for 17 years-but I thought I was going to be a Nurse Midwife.
- I had adult onset acne-which was such a source of shame at the time-but it paved the way for a career in aesthetics.
- I moved to Texas and assumed I would continue to work in the hospital setting.
- Assumptions are often wrong and when a position opened up at a plastic surgery center, I was in the right place at the right time.
- It took exactly zero minutes of contemplation to decide between practicing at a hospital or in aesthetics.
- I met Brooke Nichol at several trainings and was impressed from the start.
- On occasion, I’d send my clients to Brooke if I felt like she could provide a better technique or have a more suitable product.
- Intuition guided me to grad school for an APRN and I graduated at the same time the Texas Medical Board decided an advanced degree was important in this industry.
- Brooke needed an experienced injector and reached out to me at a rare moment when I was considering a job change.
- It took exactly zero minutes of contemplation.
- And here I am. At your service.
I do not know what the future will hold, and I will always be “driving at night,” but I can say without a doubt that it is my mission to provide the absolute best possible aesthetic service and give you the perfect, natural result tailored just for you.
I look forward to meeting you in person and thank you in advance for entrusting me with your beautiful face.